- CHALLENGER & CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
1) Each tournament must
have a certified official.
2) All singles matches are best of three tiebreak
sets, including consolation matches.
3) All doubles are 8-game pro sets, tiebreak at 8 all (1st
to 7 by 2)
4) Play-off is required for
3rd/4th place for singles and doubles.
minute rest period between the end of the 2nd set and 3rd set match tiebreak when the match tiebreak is being played in lieu
of a full 3rd set (coaching is allowed during the rest period).
2) Mandatory 10-minute
rest period authorized between 2nd and 3rd sets- ALL DIVISIONS when playing a full 3rd set.
INCLEMENT WEATHER FORMAT CHANGES (may be used in any combination)
1) For L3-L6 events if the referee and tournament director do not agree then contact Rob Issem for final
L1 & L2 Changes must be approved by MAS; Bonnie Vona (office 703-556-6120 x17) or cell 703-340-0889.
3) No-ad scoring: play out the 3rd set with a 10 minute rest
period between 2nd and 3rd set
tie break (10 point) in lieu of a full 3rd set- minute rest period, coaching is allowed, between end of 2nd set and beginning
of 3rd set match tiebreak.
5) Short sets
(begin at 2-all); play a full 3rd set or use match tiebreak in lieu of a full 3rd set. 10 minute rest period is allowed if
playing full 3rd set or a 3 minute break if playing a match tiebreak. Coaching is allowed in either case.
SHORT SETS, NO-AD SCORING, 10 POINT MATCH TIEBREAK IN
LIEU OF A FULL 3rd SET IS THE SHORTEST ALLOWABLE MAS SINGLES MATCH FORMAT